Woman arrested for ‘under ringing’ in Walmart self check-out lane.
PERE MARQUETTE TOWNSHIP – A 38-year-old Baldwin woman was arrested by Mason County sheriff’s deputies after allegedly “under-ringing” merchandise in the self check-out
lane at Walmart Monday afternoon, March 11, stealing nearly $870 in merchandise, according to Mason County Sheriff Kim Cole.
The woman faces a felony of first-degree retail fraud.
“An investigation revealed the suspect had rang up merchandise totaling $164.19,” said Cole. “When checking the actual merchandise in the shopping cart, she reportedly had not paid for $869.35. Warrants are also being requested for two additional persons in connection with this case.”
Other recent police activity in Mason County includes:
Monday, March 11, 2019:
- 12:11 a.m., (Ludington Police Department), a 22-year-old Ludington woman was arrested for domestic violence, 700 block of West Ludington Avenue, City of Ludington.
- 1:21 a.m. (Michigan State Police), a 31-year-old Free Soil man was arrested for operating while intoxicated (OWI) following a one-vehicle crash, no injuries, Stephens and Koenig roads, Free Soil Township.
- 1:57 p.m., (Mason County Sheriff’s Office), a 38-year-old Fountain man was cited for driving while license suspended (DWLS) following a traffic stop, US 10 and Nelson Road, Pere Marquette Township.
- 5:27 p..m., (LPD), larceny, 100 block of West Ludington Avenue, City of Ludington.
- 6:03 p.m,. (MCSO), car/deer crash, no injury, Schoenherr Road north of Hansen Road, Branch Township.
- 6:51 p.m., (LPD), a 27-year-old Ludington man was arrested for OWI, Clayton Court, City of Ludington.
- 7:12 p.m., (LPD), disturbance, 200 block of South Delia Street, City of Ludington.
- 7:57 p.m., (LPD), domestic assault, no arrests, 300 block of North Rowe Street, City of Ludington.
- 9:10 p.m., (MCSO), car/deer crash, no injury, Pere Marquette Highway south of First Street, Pere Marquette Township.
Tuesday, March 12, 2019:
- 7:49 a.m., (MCSO), two-vehicle hit-and-run crash, no injury, US 10 east of Gordon Road, Amber Township. The victim reported an eastbound dark-colored vehicle crossed all five lanes, sideswiped her westbound vehicle, and then left the scene.
- 2:26 p.m., (LPD), non-sufficient funds check, under investigation, 500 block of US 10, Amber Township.
- 9:03 p.m., (MCSO), car/deer crash, no injury, Custer Road north of Freeman Road, Free Soil Township.
- 9:27 p.m., (MSP), car/deer crash, Stiles and Sugar Grove roads, Victory Township.
- 11:57 p.m., (MCSO), a 22-year-old Ludington man was cited for DWLS following a traffic stop, US 10 and Amber Road, Amber Township.
This story is copyrighted © 2019, all rights reserved by Media Group 31, LLC, PO Box 21, Scottville, MI 49454. No portion of this story or images may be reproduced in any way, including print or broadcast, without expressed written consent.