Media Group 31 Letters to the Editor (Op/Ed) policy.
Media Group 31, owners of Mason County Press, Manistee County Press, and Oceana County Press, encourages the submission of opinion pieces by our readers. The following guidelines have been established:
- Letters must be submitted by email to [email protected] and must be in a format that can be copied and pasted (no PDFs) — plain text, Word, Pages.
- Letters must include the writer’s name, full mailing address, town or township of residence, and phone number. Only name and town of residence will be posted.
- Letters must be about topics relevant to the respective county.
- Letters endorsing a political candidate will not be posted unless the topic is related to the writer’s personal experience with that candidate.
- Candidates are lot allowed to submit a letter endorsing themselves; they do have the option of purchasing advertising.
- Letters endorsing a ballot proposal will not be posted unless the topic is related to the writer’s personal experience with that proposal.
- Media Group 31 reserves the right to edit letters to the editor in order to meet the Style Standards of MG 31.
- Submissions should be sent with minimal grammatical errors.
- This includes proper capitalization and punctuation.
- Use of exclamation marks should be limited to one or two per submission.
- Avoid using all-caps, bolding, italicizing, or underlining to make a point.
- When using acronyms, spell out the proper name on first reference.
- Media Group 31 reserves the right to edit letters that may contain libelous content.
- Use of vulgar language will not be allowed.
- Media Group 31 reserves the right to reject any letter to the editor.