Admin Marketing & Sales
Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing career development opportunities. We are looking for a Marketing & Sales Administratorlocated at our office in Ludington, Michigan.
The role will support the General Manager (G.M.) of the Calcium Chloride and Business team by effectively managing the administrative requirements required to serve customers, implement business policies and support business strategy. Responsibilities include managing and improving the customer inquiry process; managing and fulfilling sample orders; supporting the creation, routing, execution and filing of business contracts; administering marketing program credits; supporting order management programs; assisting Sales and other team members with customer communications and creating customer presentations; and data-mining to support identifying sales opportunities. In addition, the essential job functions are:
- Manage all activities that encompass our Customer Inquiry Line including:
- Respond and track internal/external inquiries for the business including product/application questions, technical inquiries, certifications, pricing requests, distributor referrals, etc.
- Respond to basic technical inquiries utilizing an inquiry guideline checklist and, as needed, through the support of the Senior Technical Service Specialist.
- Refer leads to Sales and Distributors.
- Maximize the efficiency of the Customer Inquiry Response process by gathering and collecting the appropriate information to streamline effective responses.
- Process owner of business’s sample shipping process from sourcing raw materials, product quality, sample request, shipment and tracking.
- Provide documented communications to Sellers and customers on standard marketing and advertising programs.
- Review, process and track necessary customer adjustments including marketing program claims, rebates, price supports, customer accommodations, etc.
- Accountable for tradeshow property including receipt, maintenance and delivery
- Identifying and documenting information gathered from data mining ta to create sales opportunities (direct or through distribution).
- Provide administrative support to the General Manager and Business team members.
- Support Marketing & Sales with customer communications (correspondence).
- Track and analyze monthly sales vs forecast performance.
- Act as the business focal point to administer the contract management process and responsible for activities involved within the process from creation through execution.
- Subject Matter Expert for the team on SAP, Excel, PowerPoint and Import/Export data tracking.
- Track and document monthly import/export volumes and trends.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and possess the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- 5+ years experience with demonstrated organization skills and administrative competencies
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills, must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization and with key customers, suppliers and trade associations.
- Capable of organizing and prioritizing heavy workloads with accuracy and minimal supervision, meeting critical deadlines
- Must be creative and have the ability to provide data driven recommendations/solutions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in PC applications and Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, when required
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Communications or equivalent preferred
- SAP experience preferred.Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
– Sales and Marketing Support
– United States-Michigan-Ludington
– OXY CHEM