Employment Opportunity: Process Technicians
Location: Evart, Michigan
Direct hire positions! Looking for several Process Technicians. Located in Evart, Michigan. Working for a premier automotive company. Must have plastic injection experience. $50,000 to $60,000/year salary, will pay more for experience. Must be available for all three shifts.
The process technicians are responsible for setting up and maintaining process controls on presses, molds, and equipment to customer specifications. Responsible for resolving manufacturing processes.
Optimizes all machine processes by reducing scrap, cycle times and mold change times.
Assist with new launches of new programs by building a new process to ensure quality products of parts and attends launch meetings prior to production start up is needed.
Maintains and secures controlled injection process by using plastic data and using a systematic approach to optimizing current running process.
Directs set ups for molds using efficient mold change systems and robotics.
Oversees in-house tooling and material evaluations to ensure optimum performance.
Describes system, components, and parts operating characteristics and malfunctions by writing technical reports.
Sets up injection molds and performs start up and shut down of molding systems.
Verifies systems performance by testing functioning of installed equipment.
Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
Responsible for setting up and maintaining process controls of presses, molds and equipment.
Must be experienced with robotics and programming, with end of arm set up, develop and modify robot programs to handle parts.
Knowledge of TPO’s/ABS/Nylons/PC’s
Provide ownership and analysis of injection molding process and equipment for the reduction in defects, overall process improvement and/or the reduction of down time and continue improvements.
Completes all paperwork as required.
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
Possess basic mathematical skills
Possess basic office skills such as Excel, Microsoft Word, and AS400 systems
Safety and environmental training and experience
Previous experience in injection molding department
Troubleshooting is required
Ability to manage multiple projects
DIRECT HIRE POSITION
Salary: $75,000 to $90,000
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for control of quality and reliability.
- Work with Process Engineering on process and engineering changes.
- Support prototype builds and data collection and reporting of builds.
- Manage a staff of 6-8 Quality Engineers. Cultivate and expand positive employee morale.
- Develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of personnel.
- Design and implement systems necessary to collect, to maintain and analyze data.
- Identify problems, basic and complex, review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ensure production is producing quality product to specifications.
- Provide support to customer/suppliers as needed (on and off-site).
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, union contracts, TS16949, ISO14001, and all applicable government regulations and standards.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Bachelor’s Degree in quality engineering or related technology or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing facility that offered the opportunity to gain a well rounded background in quality.
- Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer needs, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture, assembly and distribution of goods
- Machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Develop, plan and implement short and long term goals
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office and the use of statistical software.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Good presentation skills
Arch Staffing & Consulting