Gas leak causes explosion.

May 26, 2020

Gas leak causes explosion.

#MasonCountyNews

PERE MARQUETTE TOWNSHIP — A gas leak from a piece of equipment caused an explosion early this morning at Rieth-Riley Construction Co, 5621 W. First St. The explosion could be heard and felt several miles away. Emergency personnel were called to the scene at 5:50 a.m.

Pere Marquette Fire Department Chief Larry Gaylord said there was no fire when firefighters arrived on scene and nobody was hurt. First Street was closed for a short time. Ludington Fire Department had initially been dispatched as well but was disregarded.

Please consider helping to fund local news. Mason County Press is available for free thanks to the generous support of our advertisers and individuals who support our service. CLICK HERE TO DONATE.

This story is copyrighted © 2020, all rights reserved by Media Group 31, LLC, PO Box 21, Scottville, MI 49454. No portion of this story or images may be reproduced in any way, including print or broadcast, without expressed written consent.

Help Fund Local News

Please consider helping us keep local news active by sending a PayPal payment.

Legally Speaking: Consent to search

WSCC: I am

Subscribe to MCP via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this site and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 21,429 other subscribers