Family loses home to fire.

March 4, 2020

Family loses home to fire.

By Allison Scarbrough, Editor.

SHERIDAN TOWNSHIP — A Tallman Lake area family lost its home to a fire Wednesday morning, March 4, at 6590 Beech St., said Fountain Area Fire Department Assistant Chief Jeremy Goble.

Two adults and one child were inside the single-story dwelling when the fire ignited but made it out, Goble said. The adult male was transported by ambulance to Spectrum Health Ludington Hospital for smoke inhalation.

The “stick-built” house, which was not insured, is a total loss, Goble said. The American Red Cross and the Mason County Firefighters Assistance Fund are helping the displaced family.

“When we arrived, the roof had already caved in,” Goble said. “(The fire) appears to have started near the wood stove.”

The family had several pets, and it was not immediately known if the pets made it out of the house, he said.

Firefighters from Branch, Custer and Riverton township departments assisted at the scene. The fire was dispatched at approximately 7:30 a.m., and the scene was cleared around 10 a.m.

Approximately 3,500 gallons of water were used to extinguish the blaze. No firefighters were injured.

This story is copyrighted © 2020, all rights reserved by Media Group 31, LLC, PO Box 21, Scottville, MI 49454. No portion of this story or images may be reproduced in any way, including print or broadcast, without expressed written consent.

Help Fund Local News

Please consider helping us keep local news active by sending a PayPal payment.

Legally Speaking: Consent to search

WSCC: I am

Subscribe to MCP via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this site and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 21,427 other subscribers