79th District Court sentencings, posted April 12, 2018.
By Allison Scarbrough, Editor.
LUDINGTON — The following were sentenced recently in 79th District Court:
– Alyse Marie Bowden, 30, of c/o 13747 Elwell Rd., Belleville, Michigan, was found guilty April 4 of larceny $200-$1,000 and was sentenced to nine days in jail with credit for nine days served; outpatient treatment; one year discretionary jail for one year; no alcohol/drugs; subject to random preliminary breath tests (PBTs) and drug tests; $750 in restitution; $865 in fines and costs; and may perform 74 hours of community service within six months as a credit toward fines and costs. Felony counts of stealing/retaining a financial transaction device without consent and identity theft were dismissed.
– Tim Francis Boynton, 52, of 903 N. Emily St., Ludington, was found guilty April 3 of operating with a high blood alcohol content (BAC) and was sentenced to 60 days in jail with credit for eight days served; may be released from jail into a 30-day or longer inpatient facility; must follow after-care requirements following release from inpatient facility; 180 days discretionary jail for two years; may perform 50 hours of community service as a credit toward fines and costs; must obtain Soberlink for 90 days; must attend AA twice a week for two years; no alcohol/drugs; subject to random PBTs and drug tests; and $1,388 in fines and costs. Conviction reportable to the Secretary of State (SOS). One count of operating while under a controlled substance was dismissed.
– Salvador Saavedra Mena, 38, of 7043 N. Oceana Dr., Hart, was found guilty April 3 of operating while impaired and was sentenced to two days in jail with credit for two days served; 93 days discretionary jail for one year; must attend next session of the Victim Impact Panel (VIP); no alcohol/drugs; subject to random PBTs; and $895 in fines and costs. Conviction reportable to SOS. One count of driving while license expired was dismissed.
– Charles Allen Morell, 55, of Ludington (street address unavailable), was found guilty of marijuana possession and was sentenced to one year year discretionary jail for one year; no alcohol/drugs; and driver’s license suspended one year/restricted after 60 days.
– Antawan DeWayne Harris, 32, of 1531 Leahy St., Muskegon, was found guilty April 3 of driving while license suspended (DWLS) and was sentenced to two days in jail with credit for two days served; 93 days discretionary jail for one year; and $725 in fines and costs. He was also found guilty of careless driving and was sentenced to $225 in fines and costs. Convictions reportable to SOS.
– Jeffery Alan Teunissen, 39, of 7933 W. US 10, Branch Township, was found guilty April 6 of allowing a person to drive in violation and was sentenced to 90 days discretionary jail for one year and $335 in fines and costs.
This story is copyrighted © 2018, all rights reserved by Media Group 31, LLC, PO Box 21, Scottville, MI 49454. No portion of this story or images may be reproduced in any way, including print or broadcast, without expressed written consent.