Electricity blamed for Foster Street fire.

January 22, 2018

Electricity blamed for Foster Street fire.

By Rob Alway, Editor-in-Chief.

LUDINGTON — Electricity was the cause of a fire that destroyed a Foster Street house on Jan. 17, according to Ludington Fire Chief Jerry Funk. Funk said a Michigan State Police fire marshal recently inspected the house at 815 E. Foster St. and determined that the fire origin was electrical, starting in the southeast corner of the house’s basement.

Ludington Fire Department was called to the house, owned by Mark and Diana Johnson, about 11:30 p.m. on Jan. 17.

 

Also responding to the scene were Pere Marquette Twp. Fire Dept., Life EMS, and Mason County Sheriff’s Office deputies. American Red Cross was also called to assist the Johnsons.

Firefighters remained on scene until 4;10 a.m.

This story and photographs are copyrighted © 2017, all rights reserved by Media Group 31, LLC, PO Box 21, Scottville, MI 49454. No portion of this story or images may be reproduced in any way, including print or broadcast, without expressed written consent.

Help Fund Local News

Please consider helping us keep local news active by sending a PayPal payment.

Legally Speaking: Consent to search

WSCC: I am

Subscribe to MCP via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this site and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 21,427 other subscribers