Fire damages Fourth Ward house.

December 16, 2016

img_3223.jpgFire damages Fourth Ward house.

#MasonCountyNews.

By Rob Alway, Editor-in-Chief.

LUDINGTON — Fire caused damage to the attic of a Fourth Ward house Thursday night. Ludington Fire Department was called to 108 Fourth St. about 11:20 p.m. for a report of smoke filling the attic of the house.

Fire Chief Jerry Funk said the home’s residents, two adults and three children, were able to get out safely and damage was limited to the attic and some of the second floor. Funk said he believed the cause was likely electrical.

The American Red Cross was requested to find lodging for the residents.

Firefighters were still on scene as of posting at 12:20 a.m.

Ludington Police Department also responded.

Help Fund Local News

Please consider helping us keep local news active by sending a PayPal payment.

Legally Speaking: Consent to search

Subscribe to MCP via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this site and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 21,327 other subscribers