Teen in critical condition after inhaling ‘Darth Vapor’ at Journey; 16-year-old apprehended with paraphernalia, gun

May 19, 2015

mcso_cruiser_k9By Allison Scarbrough. Contributing Editor.

AMBER TWP. — A 19-year-old Baldwin man is currently in critical condition at a Grand Rapids hospital from a reported drug overdose Monday afternoon, May 18, at Journey High School after inhaling “Darth Vapor” through an E-Cigarette, and a 16-year-old boy was turned over to juvenile court authorities after he was found in possession of drug  paraphernalia and a long gun in his vehicle.

The 19-year-old man was airlifted to Grand Rapids following treatment at Spectrum Health in Ludington, according to Mason County Sheriff Kim Cole.

Deputies from the Mason County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to Journey for a medical assist caused by an overdose at 1:22 p.m.

“During the investigation, a 16-year-old Free Soil male was turned over to Mason County Juvenile Court authorities after he was found in possession of drug paraphernalia and a long gun in his vehicle,” the sheriff stated.

The incident occurred less than one week after local law enforcement had a press conference about the dangers of synthetic substances, such as Darth Vapor.

 

Help Fund Local News

Please consider helping us keep local news active by sending a PayPal payment.

Area Churches

Subscribe to MCP via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this site and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 21,503 other subscribers