Firefighters stop garage fire from spreading into house.

February 7, 2015

free_soil_grant_fireFREE SOIL TWP. — Firefighters were able to prevent a fire from spreading from a garage into the attached house Saturday morning. Free Soil/Meade and Grant Twp. fire departments were called to a home in the 2000 block of East Hoague Road about 10:45 a.m.

Free Soil/Meade Fire Chief Vince Williams said the fire started in a chimney and spread into the ceiling.

“The homeowner did everything right,” Williams said. “He shut all the doors to the house, sealing it up and preventing the fire from spreading. It’s a fairly new construction, which also helped. We call this is a good save.”

Also responding were Fountain Area Fire Dept. (which was disregarded prior to arriving), the Free Soil/Meade Fire Dept. Auxiliary and Life EMS ambulance. No one was injured in the fire and damage was minimal.

Help Fund Local News

Please consider helping us keep local news active by sending a PayPal payment.

Area Churches

Subscribe to MCP via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this site and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 21,502 other subscribers