The Sheriff’s Report is brought to you by Carter Lumber, 2323 U.S. 10-31, Ludington, 231-757-9000;www.carterlumber.com.
SCOTTVILLE — Deputies from Mason County Sheriff’s Office arrested a 34-year-old Ludington man early Sunday morning for resisting arrest and assaulting an officer in the 500 block of South Main St., City of Scottville. Deputies were dispatched to a disturbance/assault call in Scottville around 4 a.m.. Upon arrival, deputies found the subject outside a residence yelling and swearing at others. He attempted to confront the first deputy on scene but was held back by family members. Suspect then allegedly choked a female in the presences of deputies and when told he was under arrest he fought with two deputies, assaulting one.
Other activity of the Mason County Sheriff’s Office included:
Aug. 8, 2014:
– 8:36 a.m.: Assist to health department, 3700 block of North Amber Rd., Victory Twp.
– 12:46 p.m.: Gas drive off of $10, Wesco East Gate, U.S. 10, Pere Marquette Twp.
– 5:14 p.m.: Car/deer crash, no injuries, Pere Marquette Hwy. and Iris Rd., P.M. Twp.
– 6:49 p.m.: Assist to Lake and Wexford counties.
– 10:18 p.m.: Car/deer crash, no injuries, U.S. 31 and Dewey Rd., Victory Twp.
– 11:15 p.m.: A 37-year-old Ludington man was arrested on two outstanding warrants following a traffic stop at Sutton’s Landing, Iris Rd., P.M. Twp. The warrants included a retail fraud warrant from Mason County and a resisting arrest/probation violation warrant from Wayne County.
Aug. 9, 2014:
– 9:09 p.m.: A 17-year-old Hart man was arrested for minor in possession at Mason County Fairgrounds, P.M. Twp.
– 9:25 p.m.: A 41-year-old Oakland, Cali. woman was arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated at Mason County Fairgrounds.
– 9:25 p.m.: Assist Michigan State Police with missing kayakers, Pere Marquette River, Amber Twp. Found safely.
Aug. 10, 2014:
– 12:50 a.m.: Car/deer crash, no injuries, Scottville and Conrad roads, Custer Twp.
– 1:03 a.m.: Car/deer crash, no injuries, U.S. 10 and Darr Rd., Custer Twp.
– 6:10 a.m.: Smuggling contraband into a correctional facility, Mason County Jail, City of Ludington. Case under investigation.
– 6:35 a.m.: Car/deer crash, no injuries, Meisenheimer Rd. and P.M. Hwy., Summit Twp.
– 1:38 p.m.: Larceny of two snowmobiles, 4800 block of East Barothy Rd., Branch Twp. Two 1973 Arctic Cat snowmobiles are missing from the property.