The Sheriff’s Report is brought to you by Carter Lumber, 2323 U.S. 10-31, Ludington, 231-757-9000;www.carterlumber.com.
SHERMAN TWP. — Deputies from Mason County Sheriff’s Office are asking for the public’s help in finding a 14-year-old runaway. Jordan Thomas Wieand, was reported missing at 10:20 a.m. Thursday from his family’s residence on Thunderbird Lane near Ford Lake. He is described as white, 5-foot, 6-inches to 5-foot, 8-inches, 140 pounds, dark brown hair. He was last seen wearing orange shorts and a white tank top. Anyone with information is asked to call 911.
Other activity of the Mason County Sheriff’s Office for Thursday, Aug. 7, 2014 included:
– 4:35 a.m.: Car/deer crash, no injuries, Meisenheimer Rd. and Pere Marquette Hwy., Summit Twp.
– 9:40 a.m.: Identity theft, 1400 block of North Dennis Rd., Amber Twp.
– 10:16 a.m.: A 54-year-old Montague man was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear in court on an operating while intoxicated charge out of Mason County.
– 11:05 a.m.: Three vehicle rear-end crash, no injuries, U.S. 10-31 and Dennis Rd., Amber Twp.
– 6:17 p.m.: Two vehicle rear-end crash, minor injuries, U.S. 10 and Atkinson Dr., Pere Marquette Twp.
– 7:03 p.m.: A 47-year-old Custer man was cited for driving while license suspended following a traffic stop at U.S. 10 and Darr Rd., Custer Twp.
– 9:27 p.m.: Car/deer crash, no injuries, Stiles and Beyer roads, Victory Twp.