PERE MARQUETTE TWP. — A 60-year-old man was arrested Saturday on the charge of arson. The man allegedly burned two camp tents, which were occupied, on private property near South Jebavy Drive. The incident, which took place at 5:57 a.m., followed an argument between the suspect and the owners of the tents.
Other activity of the Mason County Sheriff’s Office for the weekend of Aug. 1-3, 2014 included:
Aug. 1, 2014:
– 12:44 a.m.: Assist to Ludington State Park personnel, subjects at park after curfew, Hamlin Twp.
– 8 a.m.: Car/deer crash, no injuries, U.S. 31 and LaSalle Rd., Free Soil Twp.
– 11:01 a.m.: Probation violation, 800 block of North Benson Rd., Branch Twp. Sheriff’s office requested to assist probation/parole agents on an arrest of a 35-year-old Walhalla man.
– 2:30 p.m.: Two vehicle rear-end crash, no injuries, U.S. 10 and Meyers Rd., Pere Marquette Twp.
– 2:45 p.m.: Two-vehicle rear-end crash, no injuries, U.S. 10 and Pere Marquette Hwy., P.M. Twp.
– 8:07 p.m.: A 57-year-old Scottville woman was arrested for domestic violence in the 160 block of South Scottville Rd., Riverton Twp.
Aug. 2, 2014:
– 12:42 a.m.: Assist to Michigan State Police, 6500 block of East Sugar Grove Rd., Sheridan Twp, prowler call.
– 2:31 a.m.: A 25-year-old Ludington man was arrested in the 100 block of Bonnie Rd., P.M. Twp. Deputies were called to a disturbance at that residence. Upon checking the subject’s background, deputies discovered there was an outstanding warrant for the man’s arrest. When confronted, the subject ran but was captured a short time later. He was also charged with resisting arrest.
– 10:30 a.m.: Two vehicle crash, no injuries, Lincoln Rd. near Dewey Rd., Hamlin Twp.
– 11:20 a.m.: Gas drive off of $33.85, 100 block of East State St., Scottville Shell, City of Scottville.
– 4:13 p.m.: A 51-year-old Ludington man was arrested for felony assault in the 3700 block of P.M. Hwy., P.M. Twp.
– 5:12 p.m.: Alarm activation, 5800 block of West U.S. 10, P.M. Twp.
– 9:12 p.m.: Assist to MSP, 1500 block of West Countyline Rd., Grant Twp. Reported fight involving several persons.
– 9:58 p.m.: Car/deer crash, no injuries, Scottville and Chauvez roads, Riverton Twp.
Aug. 3, 2014
– 6:03 p.m.: Car/deer crash, no injuries, Sugar Grove and Reek roads, Sherman Twp.
– 6:42 p.m.: A 51-year-old man was arrested in the 3700 block of South Pere Marquette Hwy., P.M. Twp., after he returned to a residence after bonding out of jail on a felony assault charge. Subject had been drinking.
– 7:30 p.m.: Car/deer crash, no injuries, U.S. 31 and Meisenheimer Rd. overpass, Summit Twp.