PM River under flood advisory

November 21, 2013

superior electric 250The outdoor report for Mason County is sponsored by Superior Electric of Ludington: 231-845-0126; www.supelectric.com.

The National Weather Service in Grand Rapids has issued a flood advisory for the Pere Marquette River near Scottville until Friday afternoon. At 5 a.m. Thursday, the stage was 4 feet, bank full stage is 4 feet. Flood stage is 5.5 feet. The river is expected to rise to near 4.1 feet by this evening with an impact at 4 feet.

Today: Cloudy and rainy today with high temperature of 47 degrees F; 20% chance of rain. Tonight there is a chance of rain and snow mixed late with low temperature of 36 degrees. Humidity: 80%; wind: south at 7 mph.

Sunset: 5:14 p.m. Moonrise: 7:50 a.m.; moonset: 11:30 a.m. tomorrow. 

Friday: Morning snow showers with a high temperature of 37 degrees, 28 degrees overnight with snow continuing; 50% chance of snow.

Sunrise: 7:50 a.m.

Help Fund Local News

Please consider helping us keep local news active by sending a PayPal payment.

Legally Speaking: Consent to search

Subscribe to MCP via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this site and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 21,399 other subscribers