Fire started near woodstove

January 28, 2013

HAMLIN TWP. — Hamlin Township Fire Chief Steve Vandervest said he doesn’t know exactly what started the fire this morning on North Lincoln Road, but the origin was near the wood stove and chimney.

The house was owned by the Stulz family. According to Mona Mclain, it was her grandparent’s house until her grandfather passed away in 2005. Since then, it’s been on and off the sales market, Mclain wrote on our Facebook page. She said a cousin had been living there.

Vandervest said a man and woman and a child were living in the house and were able to escape.

The house was a total lost. It was fully engulfed when Hamlin firefighters arrived on the scene, shortly after 3:15 a.m.

Six other fire departments were eventually called to fight the fire at 6169 N. Lincoln Rd. Vandervest said the house’s metal roof on the old two-story farmhouse made the firefighting a little more challening.

Hamlin and Pere Marquette fire departments were initially called and additional assistance was given by Ludington, Scottville, Grant, Riverton and Custer. The American Red Cross canteen unit was also requested.

Help Fund Local News

Please consider helping us keep local news active by sending a PayPal payment.

Area Churches

Legally Speaking: Consent to search

Subscribe to MCP via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this site and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 21,499 other subscribers