Fire displaces couple from home

January 13, 2013

20130113-114728.jpg

SCOTTVILLE — Two people are displaced from their home as a result of a Sunday morning fire. Scottville and Custer fire departments were called to 507 E. State St. at 9:20 a.m.

Scottville Fire Chief Dale Larr said flames were showing when the departments arrived.

“We were able to knock it down quickly, but there was still a lot of smoke and water damage,” Larr said, describing the interior damage as severe. Larr said he believes the fire’s origin were electrical. “It looked like the fire started in a corner of the living room where there was a lamp connected to a power strip,” he said.

The house was owned by Tom and Sabrina Donald. The West Shore chapter of the American Red Cross is providing lodging for them for the next three nights along with a stipend to assist them with basic needs, Larr said. The home was insured.

Both departments cleared the scene around 11:15 a.m.

Tags: ,

Help Fund Local News

Please consider helping us keep local news active by sending a PayPal payment.

Legally Speaking: Consent to search

WSCC: I am

Subscribe to MCP via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this site and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 21,399 other subscribers