LUDINGTON – The following sentences were given this week in 79th District Court:
- Heather Marie Vinton, 37, 1173 Gary St., Ludington, was found guilty on Jan. 9 for assault and battery. She was sentenced to 10 days in jail with 93 days discretionary jail for 1 year, must complete an anger management program by March 15 or report to jail, must complete 40 hours community service, must pay $580. A charge of assault with a dangerous weapon was dismissed.
- Benito Minaya, 47, 1124 Rathbone St. SW, Wyoming, was found guilty on Jan. 10 for attempting to snag fish and was ordered to pay $300 in fines.
- Lee Benzon Hawkins, 58, 212 Thornwild Dr., Apt. A3, Scottville, was found guilty on Dec. 18 for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. He was sentenced to 2 days in jail, 93 days discretionary jail for 1 year, must complete the Alcohol/Highway Safety Program and pay $1,245 in fines. A charge of operating a vehicle with blood content of .17 or more was dismissed.
- Cory J. Michalec, 17, 650 Kahill Dr., Apt. 2A, Baldwin, was found guilty on Jan. 4 for reckless driving. Sentenced to 8 days in jail with 93 days discretionary jail for 6 months. Must spend 2 consecutive weekends in Mason County Jail beginning Jan. 11, $580 fines. A charge of fleeing a police officer fourth degree was dismissed.
- Ashley Nicole Spanier, 24, 292 Fourth Ave., Manistee, operating a motor vehicle without security.