UPDATE: Fire prevented

September 11, 2012

20120911-194554.jpgCUSTER TWP. — Firefighters from Custer and Scottville fire departments responded to a possible house fire Tuesday around 7:20 p.m. at 1281 E. U.S. 10. Dispatch information indicated the house smelled like electrical burning.

The culprit was an element in the hot water heater, Custer Fire Chief John Allison said. Firefighters were able to respond quickly and ventilate the smoke smell out of the house. Allison said the house’s electrical breaker tripped and shut the power off to the hot water heater, preventing any further damage.

Firefighters cleared the scene in less than 30 minutes of arriving.

Story and photos by Rob Alway, Editor-in-Chief

Tags: ,

Help Fund Local News

Please consider helping us keep local news active by sending a PayPal payment.

Legally Speaking: Consent to search

WSCC: I am

Subscribe to MCP via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this site and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 21,406 other subscribers