Firefighters save Logan Twp. house.

November 10, 2017

Firefighters save Logan Twp. house.


By Rob Alway, Editor-in-Chief.

LOGAN TOWNSHIP — Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish a fire at 8529 E Kinney Rd. Friday morning. Carr Fire Department and Branch Township Fire Department were called to the house just after 8:30 a.m. Carr Fire Chief Andy LaPointe said the owner of the house told him that he had woke up and stoked his wood stove then fell asleep again. When the man awoke, the house was filled with smoke and a wall had caught on fire near the wood stove chimney.

LaPointe said damage was isolated to an exterior wall. Firefighters were on scene for about 90 minutes.

This story is copyrighted © 2017, all rights reserved by Media Group 31, LLC, PO Box 21, Scottville, MI 49454. No portion of this story or images may be reproduced in any way, including print or broadcast, without expressed written consent.

Tags: , , , , ,


Area Churches

Subscribe to MCP via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this site and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 22,355 other subscribers