Ludington man with 8 drunk driving convictions arrested for OWI.
HAMLIN TOWNSHIP — A 55-year-old Ludington man with eight prior drunk driving convictions, was arrested Friday, May 10, and charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated, third arrest. The man was pulled over by a Mason County Sheriff’s Office deputy at the corner of Jebavy Drive and Jagger Road at 10:20 p.m., where he was then arrested. OWI, third offense, is a felony.
Other recent activity of local law enforcement included:
Friday, May 10, 2019:
- 8:10 a.m., Mason County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO), two vehicle crash, no injuries, US 10-31 west of Stiles Road, Amber Township.
- 10:57 a.m., Ludington Police Department (LPD), A 28-year-old Hesperia woman was arrested for OWI in the 3800 block of US 10, Pere Marquette Township.
- 4:19 p.m., (MCSO), retail fraud (shoplifting), Walmart, 4854 W. US 10, Pere Marquette Township. A report has been forwarded to the Mason County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for an arrest warrant after a male subject reportedly left the store with several bottles of liquor without offering payment on two different occasions during the day.
- 4:25 p.m., (MCSO), two vehicle crash, no injuries, US 31 north of Fountain Road, Sherman Township.
- 4:55 p.m., (LPD), A 53-year-old Otsego woman was arrested on a warrant from Allegan County’s 57th District Court following a dometic complaint in the 500 block of East Pere Marquette Street.
- 9:20 p.m., (Michigan State Police), a 39-year-old Fountain man was arrested for domestic violence, 300 block of South Walhalla Road, Branch Township.
- 10:55 p.m., (MSP), juvenile complaint, 1800 block of South Pere Marquette Highway, Pere Marquette Township.
Saturday, May 11, 2019:
- 11:29 a.m., (MCSO), a 37-year-old Ludington man was arrested on two outstanding warrants out of Big Rapids following a 911 call reporting a disturbance in the 2700 block of Kistler Road, Riverton Township.
- 6:15 p.m., (MCSO), car/deer crash, no injuries, US 31 north of Conrad Road, Amber Township.
- 9:45 p.m., (MSP), a 36-year-old Ludington man was cited for DWLS, US 10 at Nelson Road, Pere Marquette Township.
- 10:14 p.m., (MCSO), a 34-year-old Branch man was arrested and charged with resisting and opposing a police office, after a 911 call reported an intoxicated person fighting with people at a residence in the 4500 block of South Masten Road, Logan Township. Upon the arrival of deputies, the man attempted to fight with them as well.
Sunday, May 12, 2019:
- 5:41 a.m., (MCSO), car/deer crash, no injuries, Stiles Road south of Victory Drive, Victory Township.
- 12:09 p.m., (LPD), breaking and entering, 300 block of East Danaher Street, City of Ludington.
- 5:16 p.m., (MCSO), a 56-year-old Irons woman was arrested and charged with OWI, high blood alcohol content, following a traffic stop at Lakeshore Drive and Bryant Road, City of Ludington.
- 6:12 p.m., (MCSO), larceny of a bicycle, Thornwild Drive, City of Scottville. Report of a 20-inch BMX style bicycle stolen.
- 10 p.m., (LPD), a 27-year-old Ludington woman was arrested for an outstanding warrant out of Osceola County’s 77th District Court, 600 block of North Lakeshore Drive, City of Ludington.
- 10:26 p.m., (MCSO), a 41-year-old Muskegon man was arrested on a felony probation violation warrant out of Muskegon County Sheriff’s Office following a traffic stop on US 31 near Meisenheimer Road, Summit Township. The original charge was retail fraud first offense.
Monday, May 13, 2019:
- 10:30 a.m., (MSP), identity theft, 2000 block of Sherman Road, Hamlin Township.
This story is copyrighted © 2019, all rights reserved by Media Group 31, LLC, PO Box 21, Scottville, MI 49454. No portion of this story or images may be reproduced in any way, including print or broadcast, without expressed written consent.