Dryer fire damages Gun Lake home.

December 21, 2019

Fire damages Gun Lake home. 

#MasonCountyNews.

FREE SOIL TOWNSHIP — A clothes dryer fire heavily damaged a home at 6984 N. Poplar Road, across from Gun Lake, Saturday night. Free Soil/Mead Fire Department Chief Vince Williams said his department was initially called to a dryer fire. Upon arriving, flames were coming out of the bathroom window, he said.

Two of the home’s occupants were home at the time of the fire and both suffered minor smoke inhalation, Williams said.

“We quickly knocked down the fire the house sustained a lot of smoke and water damage,” Williams said.

Free Soil/Meade Fire Department was assisted by Fountain Area Fire Department, Grant Township Fire Department, and Custer Fire Department. Also responding were the Free Soil/Meade Fire Department Auxiliary and the Fountain Area Fire Department Auxiliary.

This story is copyrighted © 2019, all rights reserved by Media Group 31, LLC, PO Box 21, Scottville, MI 49454. No portion of this story or images may be reproduced in any way, including print or broadcast, without expressed written consent.

Help Fund Local News

Please consider helping us keep local news active by sending a PayPal payment.

Legally Speaking: Consent to search

WSCC: I am

Subscribe to MCP via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this site and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 21,426 other subscribers